Expatriés Triathlon Challenge 2016
The main trophy event of the season for those racing Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons.
The main rules, slightly revised from 2015, are as follows:
- There is no limit to the number of races you can do. However, only the points from your best 5 will count.
- Any official sprint or Olympic distance triathlon, wherever in the world it may be, will be eligible.
- Triathletes must have RSVP’d for the race on MeetUp so that their fellow Expatriés can see who’s racing and when. If the event is not on MeetUp, please schedule the race and one of the Event Organisers will make sure it is posted on the site.
- Points are awarded for each race in the following FFTri categories – senior femme (SF), senior homme (SH), veteran femme (VF) & veteran homme (VH). Sub-categories of the above i.e. VH1, VH2 etc are irrelevant for the purposes of calculating points.
- If results are not separated between senior and veteran categories (usually determined by each race organiser) the Expatriés race officers will calculate points based on the information available.
- Points will be awarded according to where the triathlete finishes in their category (see #4 above): 10pts for finishing in the 1st decile, 9 points for the 2nd, 8 points for the 3rd etc. Minimum 2pts for any race starter (even if they retire).
- Points coefficients – x1 for Sprints and x1.5 for Olympic distance races. Super-sprints, découvertes etc… are non-point scoring races for this Challenge.
- Non-standard races i.e. Sprint+, Olympic+ etc will be scored as standard Sprint, standard Olympic etc.
- If the swim is cancelled (e.g. due to the water temperature being below 12°C) but the race goes ahead as a duathlon, the scoring will be as #4 above.
- If there is a tie at the end of the season, the race officers will do a countback to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- In the event of any confusion/ambiguity the race officers’ decision will be final.
- At the Annual Awards Dinner, prizes will be awarded to the top 3 in each of the 4 categories.
Current League Tables
|Senior Femmes||Points||Races||Veteran Femmes||Points||Races|
|Kathryn Harrison||42.5||5||Deidre Derworiz||49.5||4|
|Louise Waters||28.5||3||Cat Thomas||46.5||4|
|Anais Blarel||28.5||3||Wippy Wipada||5.0||1|
|Alexandra Messager||18.5||3||Karen Decter||4.0||1|
|Hilary Norris||10.5||2||Neni Chacin-Larreal||3.0||1|
|Rajah El Jamali||6.0||1|
|Senior Hommes||Points||Races||Veteran Hommes||Points||Races|
|Luis Rojas||25.0||2||Sean Hurst||47.0||5|
|Ray Maker||24.0||2||Mark Vallender||37.0||4|
|Philippe Stadnick||23.5||3||Aytug Akar||33.0||3|
|César Manrique||21.5||2||Ed Van de Logt||19.5||2|
|Julien Ternynck||19.0||2||Sebastien Guerin||15.0||1|
|Eduardo Larrain||19.0||3||Ross Taverner||13.5||1|
|Gauthier Bonnot||17.0||2||Daniel Hamm||12.0||4|
|Matteo Solesin||16.5||3||Bertrand Raymond||10.5||1|
|Manuel Rodriguez-Brito||14.0||2||David le Dorlot||9.0||1|
|Ionut Pirva||13.5||1||Djil Benabbou||9.0||1|
|Louis Leclerc||13.5||2||Peter Canisius||3.0||1|
|Loic Blanchard||12.0||1||Harley Davis||2.0||1|
|Damien Le Marec||10.5||2|
Breakdown of results from individual events